collections of amazing creative sewing and crafting ideas from amazing websites

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Carboard Auarium Craft


Two craft posts in one week! this housework avoidance must stop :)
This one came about from wanting the kids in my weekend arts and crafts class to have somewhere for the fish they would be making to call home, somewhere for the kids to admire and play with their gorgeous colourful creations.
please [read on] for all the beginning to end photos and tips on how to make your very own cardboard aquarium-

How to make an aquarium

It all started with a box, a wide slim box from my parent’s new telly!. I drew lines on the box where I wanted the opening and sawed away with the kitchen knife. I then cut slits on the top of the box to act as sliding tracks, openings from which to hang the fish from buttons and catgut. I used rounded buttons so that the smallies could grip and move their little fish over and back on the tracks. I then decided to cut circles out of each side to act as viewing portholes and give some detail to the outside of the aquarium.

Next, for some added strength I added a papier-mache layer and when dry I painted with everyday matt household emulsion paint.
to continue go here :-
 http://mollymoo.ie/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...