collections of amazing creative sewing and crafting ideas from amazing websites

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

flowers bag


Hi all! I am participating Purse week over at Lemon Squeezy Home today, I hope you will enjoy my tutorial. :)
I talked to you about my love of basket style handbags before, well, here’s where it all started. I was at Joann's one day and saw some woolen tweed fabric. There is something about the fabric, as I was touching it, I started thinking of what I could make with this... When I held one corner of the fabric sideways, the herringbone pattern on the fabric reminded me of a basket. Then an idea popped in my head to make a "flower basket" inspired bag for the upcoming seasons.



Yap, it might sound funny to you but that's how my brain works. :) I will share the tutorial with you today.

{You will need}

Wool, or wool like tweed fabric 1/2"yd
100 cotton fabric for lining 1yd
Fusible fleece enough to put them on the back of the lining
Fusible interfacing (thick) 2 pieces of 2 1/2" x 19 1/2"
Matching thread
Magnet closure

For flowers on the bag...you will need various fabrics, wools and buttons

{How to}

{Assembling for the bag}

1. Before cutting the fabrics, fuse the fusible fleece on the fabric for lining. That way you don't have to measure and cut twice. It saves time and is so much easier.

From the tweed fabric cut....2 - 14" x 20", 2 - 3"x 20", from fused lining, cut 2- 14"x 20", 1 - 6" x 8 1/2".


2. Make pocket. First treat the edge with zigzag stitch and fold the corner. Second, fold the sides and the bottom to make a mitered corner. Then, fold the top twice and sew.


3. Mark the middle on one of the linings and 2 1/2 " from the top. Pin the pocket onto the fabric and sew.


4. Mark onto the fabric from the right; 2 1/2", 4", 1 1/4" to divide the pocket. I like it this way so have separate pockets for pens, phone, and such.


5. Mark " from the top in the middle, and use the parts of the magnetic closure to mark. Cut the marked line open, and install the magnet parts according to the instruction on the package
                                  to continue go here:-
 http://tearosehome.blogspot.com/2011/09/tutorial-she-carries-flowers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...